Helping Hand for Relief and Development
21199 Hilltop St,
Southfield, MI 48033
HHRD uses its best efforts to respect and protect the privacy of our online visitors and donors.
- HHRD does not share your personal information with third parties.
- HHRD lists are never sold to third parties.
- HHRD never sells/shares donors’ personal information with any other non-profit, profit based companies, organization or any of our partner agencies with whom we are implementing our projects with.
- If a donor opts out from any our lists we exclude them from any future list/s requested.
- HHRD never share donors’ individual financial information with anyone. - If the donor wants to receive her/his donation by emails only or by logging on to our website, we facilitate them accordingly and we mark them for “No Paper Receipts.”
HHRD programs and projects are mainly funded by individual donors like you. HHRD institutional donors include Department for International Development (DFID), World Food Programme (WFP), World Health Organization (WHO), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), UNESCO, Asia Foundation, Qatar Charity, and more. Our Matching Gift Partners include major corporations like Microsoft, Cisco, PepsiCo, Dell, etc. For the complete list Please click here
Is my Credit Card Information Secure?
We care about the safety and security of your transactions. We use high grade encryption and the https security protocol to communicate with your browser software. This method is the industry standard security protocol, which makes it is extremely difficult for anyone else to intercept the credit card information you send to us. Companies we work with to process credit card transactions also use high grade encryption and security protocols. Contributions may also be made by calling 1-888-808-HELP(4357) or by mail to the above address.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
Yes. The same high grade encryption and https security protocols used for financial transactions on our site are used in collecting personal information to schedule your donations. Donations may also be scheduled by calling 1-888-808-HELP (4357) or by mail to the above address.
How is my personal information treated when making a Cash Donation?
We enter donor information into our secure database for cash donations. Personal information is only handled by the Donor Care Department on entering the information into the date base. We do not share or sell personal donor information with any external organizations. Hard copies are discarded/shredded in a proper and secure way in a timely manner.
How is my personal information treated when making a Check Donation?
For checks and other payments; we enter donor information into our secure database and Scan-Submit the checks on Bank’s SSL website. We do keep a copy of the submitted checks on our LAN server, accessible by selected few authorized users, only locally. All of the security standards set by Microsoft are followed to maintain the security of the server.
Physical checks are kept in a locked storage for six months, and the Accounts Department has exclusive access to those checks.
We do not share personal donor information with any external organizations.
How my personal information is being collected and how it will be used?
There are multiple ways we collect your personal information:
1. Your personal information is collected as a requirement for processing your donations. Your donations may be in any one of the following format:
a. Credit Card
2. Email address may be provided by you when you sign up to receive HHRD e-newsletters, when making an online donation or cash donation form
What information is being collected?
HHRD may collect information that is provided voluntarily by the users like Name, Address, Phone Number, and Organization. Name and Address are required fields for completing online donation transactions. Credit Card, E-Check and Check information is collected only for the purpose of completing your online donation transactions. ‘How did you hear about Helping Hand USA’ information is used for analysis purposes.
No information collected above is shared with third party or related organizations for the purposes of soliciting or marketing.
We Care About Doing It Right
In addition to maintaining privacy and security controls over information you share with us, HHRD works to accurately process your contribution information. During business hours, staff is available to answer questions about your financial donation or you may email us at email@example.com.
HHRD employs error checking procedures to make sure certain transactions are processed completely and accurately. As necessary, changes are made to improve our systems. And, independent external and internal audits are conducted to ensure the privacy, security and appropriate processing of your information on our website.
HHRD welcomes children to learn more about our organization and, where appropriate, find opportunities to serve their communities through HHRD training programs and volunteer activities. However, we encourage this to be done only with their parent's knowledge and supervision. For this reason, HHRD follows the guidelines for interactive electronic media published by the Children's Advertising Review Unit of the Better Business Bureau.
SQUARE DEVICE PRIVACY
HHRD does not store any credit card information of donors at the time of donation from Square device. HHRD regional coordinators and volunteers who administer donations from the Square device must assume complete privacy of donor personal and financial information.
- Square performs data encryption within the card reader at the moment of swipe.
- Square’s software is developed using industry-standard security best practices.
- Square’s servers are monitored around the clock by dedicated security staff.
- Square’s employees act in accordance with security policies designed to keep your data safe.
For more information on Square security you can contact:
1455 Market Street, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94103
Thank you for visiting our website. Please contact us; should you have any questions about the operation of the website.